Thursday 19 January 2012

Alrighty then! I'm a bit of a stranger to the world of blogs, so this is likely to be a bit messy until I figure things out properly. Bear with me, peeps. Also, any tips or suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

Anyway, there is a point to me joining the blogosphere (are they still calling it that?) at this late date. I've been into comic colouring for a few years now, and until now I've had a lot of fun working on private commissions and very small-press projects. However, I've finally reached a point where I'm confident that I might be able to start getting work from some of the established publishers in the industry, so that's my primary goal for this year. I'll be using this blog to keep a record of what I get up to and what I'm working on, my failures and successes, and anything else that occurs to me which might be of interest. And let's be honest, probably a load of random junk too - that's what blogs are, after all.

Hopefully my experiences in trying to break into comics might be of interest or use to others on the same track. Or at the very least it'll serve as a record of what I go through getting there.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journal. I have a hard time keeping these up myself. Its a good way to keep track of thing though. You have some dynamic light on your profile picture. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I've never been much good at updating stuff either, but I'm hoping actually having a purpose might help keep me going. Oh, and the profile pic - that's just a handheld LED spot, a cheesy webcam shot, and some photoshop know-how! ^_^

      Delete